3. Februar 2014

Stitching with Curious and Catcat


I held my first workshop last Thursday and it has been a fantastic and slightly frightening experience! Frightening, because God knows I hate to speak in front of people and worse - in front of people I don't know! Think of talks, presentations, oral exams. So when Lu from DaWanda asked me if I wanted to do a workshop and show people the cross stitching basics I thought "Ooooh  no..." - And said yes. Because it's okay to be nervous and you don't want to miss out on an opportunity like that, am I right?
After a few weeks of supply orders, preparations and printer problems, the day of the workshop drew nearer and I started to feel a bit anxious. What do those people expect from me? Will they understand what I am trying to teach them? Are the stitching patterns I printed out too boring? I decided to do a test run and try to teach the cross stitching basics to someone who doesn't know the first thing about stitching and permanently mixes it with "sewing" or "knitting" or "crochet" - my boyfriend. That seemed to go fairly well! After a while the boyfriend stepstitched his own signature (and seemed to have quite some fun doing it, too!) and I packed everything up and went to do the real workshop, feeling a lot more relaxed about it.

Good thing that the whole frightening part happened only in my head, because everyone in the DaWanda Snuggery was so nice that I even forgot to be nervous and we all had a great time stitching cute little designs onto even cuter embroidery hoops. Some serious creativeness was going on there! Some people designed their own patterns, some used the ones I had printed out, but all results looked great! In the end, everyone could take their own little masterpiece home. A perfect night for a first workshop, I guess. I'll call that a success :)

1 COMMENTS

  1. Vielen Dank für den wundervollen Workshop. Wir hatten sehr viel Spaß :)

    Liebe Grüße,

    Julia

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...