8. Juli 2015

Life according to instagram | June 2015

Okay, this is a pretty late version of my monthly instagram review. We're already over a week into July but I feel like something would be missing if I just skip it. June has been pretty exciting for us, because the boyfriend finished his master studies, started writing applications for PhD positions and already had his first interview. Since he'd handed his master thesis in I felt like we we're ready to go, move, start new adventures. I felt that everything was going to change and I was excited and ready for it. But, as it so often turns out, things slowed down and we got stuck somewhere between anticipating the interview's result, other applications, not knowing if we'll have to quit our jobs and move in a month or not and waiting, waiting, waiting. The waiting is the worst! I thought we would be in full moving mode by now, but it seems that I will have to exercise real patience the next few weeks (months?).

We've lived in this flat for over three years now and while I like what we made of it, I'm so ready for something new. I seriously can't wait to  paint all the walls and DIY all the furniture (well, ok, maybe some shelves...) and have something more elegant than our terrible dark living room and work space thingy which looks more like a huge work space with a sofa in it.

Let's see what July brings! Exciting changes are ahead, no doubt about that! I hope you have a great and exciting month of July, too!
 photo life according to instagram june 15 2_zpseiasfnge.jpg
1. The boyfriend's aunt and uncle breed quails and gave us loads of quail eggs the other day. The perfect gift! Quail eggs are really expensive, but they're a great alternative to chicken's eggs, which I can only eat very cautiously because of my histamine intolerance. Yum!   2. I got picked to participate in the prymcontest and got a huge supply package to make my own espadrilles.    3. Very much in love with the colorful ribbons from the supply package.   4. Shortly before another repotting session. These succulents are growing fast!   5. Smoothie in the making. Strawberry and banana is my all time favorite combination.   6. Franzbrötchen on our trip to Hamburg. I didn't have one because I was still sea sick from the ferry...   7. My summer favorites this summer: denim, stripes and my copper birkenstocks.   8. Making first sketches for my espadrilles and deciding for something different entirely.
 photo life according to instagram june 15 3_zpsskgeb2wu.jpg
9. The fortune cookie told me that I could win something. The espadrilles contest?   10. Off to Mainz and Wiesbaden for the boyfriend's job interview - and to visit friends! Love that lunch box by the way. So convenient and plastic free, too.   11. Hello Mainz! We had a great time but it was brutally hot that weekend. Lot's of ice cream for us.   12. Brought this gorgeous maxi skirt back from Wiesbaden.   13. Working on a prototype for my espadrilles.   14. The copper birkenstocks are put to good use this summer!   15. Progress on the espadrilles design. It was an exciting but also very frightening process, because I'm no sewing pro and I thought that my design was pretty advanced for my skills.   16. Yummy potato soup for dinner. Looks fancy but is actually everything we had left in our kitchen thrown together. I like it when that happens.
 photo life according to instagram june 15 1_zpscd7t5vpv.jpg
17. All the traveling forced me to work on family portrait orders for until late at night for most of June.   18. Flamingo mural. I mean!   19.The boyfriend's first instagram picture. Breakfast vibes.   20. Finished the espadrilles! I love how they turned out!   21. I made cute foodie bracelets and have been wearing my current cravings on my wrist all the time since then. This was a chicken-nuggets-and-coffee day.   22. Baking a New York Cheesecake with a speculoos crust. Yum!   23. Happily wearing all the summer outfits!   24. A bunch of skin colored embroidery thread skeins in the mail. I had almost used everything up. Phew!

0 COMMENTS

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...